Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Stretches, dumbbell warmup & 6 minutes non-stop 2-hand overhead behind back dumbbells swings

Dumbbell swing video on You Tube

WARNING:  All the intense meditative/physical exercises I do require a body that is conditioned and able to do them safely.  They require a period of adjustment as one needs to gradually get use to them as to their frequency, intensity, and duration.  Although my spiritual focus requires I try to inspire people to do what it takes to improve their physical and spiritual well being,  I am not a medical/health-care professional.   Important: Before starting any new diet and exercise program please check with your doctor and clear any exercise and/or diet changes with them before beginning.  Do this exercise at your own risk and do them carefully.  Better to start out slow and gradually get use to them.   The intense type training I am able to do came as a result of decades of intense physical-spiritual training.   The most intense type spiritual-physical exercises are for people who have an extreme spiritual focus in their lives that enable them to handle the years of training required,  along with spiritual sensitivity and body awareness needed to prevent them from hurting themselves.


I eat something to fuel my dumbbell swing exercise routine, and then about 2-4 hours later drink some water  and started exercising.   I first do  careful stretching movements holding them very briefly covering all muscles for about 4 minutes, then some light weightlifting(warmed up using 20 lb dumbbell and arms for about 2 minutes doing all types of movements a few times in standing position), then do 6 minutes of nonstop dumbbell swings,  and 4 minutes more of stretching.  I do as many 2-handed overhead modified(bending elbows when lifting dumbbell overhead, deep squat, and extended to behind head) 20 lb dumbbell swings as I can do in a total of 6 minutes of nonstop cardio! I do these with my eyes closed at times while breathing in and out 24 to 27 times  with each dumbbell swing.  I use to breath in out a lot less in the past, but kept increasing the breathing as I was able to, since it increased the spiritual/physical difficulty of doing them.  The extra breathing makes the exercise more meditative!    I do try to tune into what ever emotions I can pick up or feel while doing this exercise or tune out any distractions I hear from my surroundings..    I try to put myself in the most intense and difficult physical/spiritual state while being really careful not to overdo it and hurt myself.
I have carefully worked up to this dumbbell swing routine for a period of five years as of October 2017..  I was in pretty good shape before I got started.  So it took me quite a while to condition myself to where I am at right now.   So,it takes quite a bit of time to get really good at this exercise!  Beginners can actually start without a dumbbell and gradually get the body use to handling dumbbells while starting with lights ones and working up to heavier ones!  They can adjust their technique to what is comfortable for them. This upper body cardio/meditative exercise with its head and neck movements I feel helps the circulation to the brain improve and thus allows one to push ones limits as to what states the body and mind can handle both physically and spiritually!
The swing as I do it works real well for me! That is why my body can handle it  4 days a week. I am really strongly in tune with my body due to all the meditative training I put it through.  Beginners  can actually start without a dumbbell and gradually get the body use to handling a heavier dumbbell. They can adjust their technique to what is comfortable for them. This upper body cardio exercise with its head and neck movements I feel helps the circulation to the brain improve and allows one to really push ones limits as to what difficult states the body and mind can handle both physically and spiritually.  One can gradually increase the breathing rate as times go on and you are able to with reasonable effort.  The breathing does increase the spiritual component to this exercise and increase its difficulty.  I did last up to 30 minutes nonstop in the past doing it when I was breathing a lot less times in and out per swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment